The 2021 ACM Web Science Conference: Globalisation, Inclusion and the Web in the Context of COVID is now less than 2 weeks away!
Throughout the week you can hear from exciting Keynote Speakers including:
- Deen Freelon – Associate Professor at UNC Chapel Hill
- Baroness Martha Lane Fox – Entrepreneur and internet activist
- Matthew Weber – Associate Professor at Rutgers University
- Daniel J Weitzner – Director of the MIT Internet Policy Research Initiative
- Jennifer Zhu Scott – Forbes World’s Top 50 Women in Tech in 2018
We have a number of Spotlight Panels. Discussion topics include:
- The Coded Gaze: algorithmic bias, facial recognition and beyond – How research can change the law and influence people
- COVID-19 and Society
- The Future of the Web in a Post-COVID World
- AI, Media and the Future of News on the Web
- Directions in Digital Government
- Does Decentralisation Help the Disenfranchised?
- The Future of the Web and Society
The full programme also includes workshops, paper sessions, tutorials and the PhD symposium.
Registration is open and the cost for the full week of events is just £50.
Keep an eye on our tweets via the #WebSci21 hashtag, and check out our website for further updates. We look forward to welcoming you to the second wholly online Web Science conference!
WebSci’21 Conference Committee