Announcing the 11th International ACM Conference on Web Science will be held on June 30 – July 3, 2019, in Boston, MA, USA.
The WebSci conference brings together researchers from multiple disciplines, like computer science, sociology, economics, information science, anthropology, and psychology. Web Science is the emergent study of the people and technologies, applications, processes, and practices that shape and are shaped by the World Wide Web. Web Science aims to draw together theories, methods, and findings from across academic disciplines, and to collaborate with industry, business, government, and civil society, to develop our knowledge and understanding of the Web: the largest socio-technical network in human history.
The Call for Papers and Posters will be circulated in September.
· Paolo Boldi (Università degli Studi, Milan)
· Brooke Foucault Welles (Northeastern University, Boston, US)
· Katharina Kinder-Kurlanda (GESIS, Cologne)
· Christo Wilson (Northeastern University, Boston, US)
· Isabella Peters (ZBW Kiel, Germany)
· Wagner Meira Jr. (Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil)
Workshop & Tutorial Chairs
· Stefan Dietze (L3S / GESIS)
· Katya Ognyanova (Rutgers)
· Oshani W. Seneviratne (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, US)
PhD Symposium Chairs
· Mark Weal (University of Southampton, UK)
· Ingmar Weber (Qatar Computing Research Institute)
· Kathy Fontaine (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy)